[ELGIS] How to enable BigTiff on Centos 6?

Volker Fröhlich volker27 at gmx.at
Sat Mar 29 15:26:31 PDT 2014

Could be because it involves some work and capacity to build everything
upon libtiff4 too. Many packages link to libtiff directly and they'd all
need to be rebuilt and shipped in a non-conflicting way somehow.

Saying that, it seems like libtiff4 itself has various conflicts on the
file level. That means, you can either install EL's libtiff or install
libtiff4, breaking everything in your distribution that links to
libtiff, and that's probably a lot!

Volker

>>> gdal-devel.x86_64      1.9.2-4.el6      @elgis
>>> gdal-java.x86_64       1.9.2-4.el6      @elgis