[EU] [Board] Official expression of interest forming a European Chapter

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Fri Jul 8 03:33:05 PDT 2016

Jachym,

I agree it is a good point: "to be the logical partner to discuss about
open source software for geospatial en open geospatial data."

During the FOSS4G 2016 conference there will already be an interesting
session on Wednesday in the afternoon: "become INSPIRE'd by OSGeo" in
LAb1. More concrete this session will handle how OSGeo tools and
solutions can help the EU to implement their INSPIRE needs, and how the
community can find opportunities to jump in and help.
Not a one way direction, but a discussion between projects of the EU
concerning the Digital agenda and INSPIRE and OSGeo.
I will send more concrete info by the end of next week to the discuss list.

Thanks Marc, for the suggestion.

Jachym, can you add this to the wiki?

Dirk.

On 08-07-16 10:21, Marc Vloemans wrote:
> How about
>
> Being a trusted/logical/natural/or such partner .....
>
> Vriendelijke groet,
> Marc Vloemans
>

> Op 8 jul. 2016 om 09:55 heeft Jachym Cepicky <jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
> <mailto:jachym.cepicky at gmail.com>> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Hi Dirk (and others),
>>
>> among the points, we should do (I know, that relays on people, as
>> always, but still)
>>
>> * Being parter to European Commission for discussion about open source
>> software for geospatial and open geospatial data
>>
>> or similar :-)
>>
>> what do you think?

>> čt 7. 7. 2016 v 15:45 odesílatel Dirk Frigne <dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
>> <mailto:dirk.frigne at geosparc.com>> napsal:
>>
>>     Should be 'to form a European local Chapter'
>>
>>     thanks for mentioning. Copy and paste :-(
>>
>>     D.
>>
>>     On 07-07-16 15:40, Yves Jacolin wrote:
>>     > On Thursday, July 07, 2016 15:33:24 Dirk Frigne wrote:
>>     >> Reason for my mail is to officially express our interest to form a
>>     >> Belgium local chapter of OSGeo.
>>     > s/Belgium/European/ ?
>>     >
>>     > Y.