[EU] Chapter creation as NGO

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Mon Jan 16 03:14:00 PST 2017

Hi Jeff,

The goal is to request official acceptance as a regional OSGeo chapter
(as Marc Suggests).

I think the interaction should be as a normal local chapter, with focus
on the typical regional goals such as specified in Article 3.

Eventually we can add that the association will propose an official
representative to liaise with the OSGeo Board. If accepted by the board,
the representative will be an officer of OSGeo.

I don't think we should propose another vision. The chapter should act
as an enforcement for the OSGeo movement, with today already more than
50 OSGeo Chapters. We should follow the guidelines as indicated in [1]

Dirk.

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/content/chapters/guidelines.html

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne