[Europe] Need help of the OSGeo FDO Provider issue (oracle 19c upgrade)

Jiby.Bai at shell.com Jiby.Bai at shell.com
Thu Oct 21 19:33:16 PDT 2021

Hi,

We use OSGeo FDO Provider(ArcSDEProvider) for  connecting to ArcSDE database. Our SDE database was on Oracle 12c and the connection was working fine. Now we are in the process of upgrading to Oracle 19c and we are not able to connect to the SDE  database with the same provider. We use the FDO 4.0.0 libraries which are released in 2015.

We get the below error if we try to connect by appending the Instance Name
Underlying DBMS error (-51)
       [cid:image005.jpg at 01D7C71B.41C409D0]
If we don't append the instance name, we get a different error  ("Entry for SDE instance not found in services file (-102)")

Below are the connection details which we use

[cid:image006.jpg at 01D7C71B.41C409D0]

Can anyone help us out to figure out the issue with Oracle 19C? Are FDO 4.0.0 libraries( ArcSDEProvider ) not compatible with Oracle 19c?

Any information on this regard would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Jiby