[Europe] Urgent: Status of [OSGeo Europe]

Dirk Frigne dirk at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 13 08:46:10 PST 2022

Dear Till,
Dear registered members of OSGeo Europe,

Save the date: Osgeo Europe - general assemblee - Thursday 2022 Jan 27,
17:00

The meeting will be online at https://meet.jit.si/Osgeo_Europe_GA_2022

Main agenda point will be the liquidation of Osgeo Europe due to lack of
funding / interest.

Following up on the mails of SEP 21 to consider the liquidation of OSGeo
Europe Local Chapter, I did some research on what we need to do to from
an administrative perspective:

The general meeting must take the dissolution decision. The general
meeting can only validly deliberate and decide on a dissolution if this
is expressly stated in the convocation and if at least two thirds of the
members are present or represented at the meeting.

The resolution to dissolve can only be adopted by a majority of four
fifths of the votes of the members present or represented. Abstentions
and invalid votes are not counted in the assessment.

One or more liquidators are also appointed at the general meeting and
their mandate is determined together with any conditions. The
liquidators must represent the interests of the creditors as well as
those of the non-profit association.

The liquidator(s) must realize the asset and settle the liability. In
doing so, they must take into account both the interests of the
non-profit association and those of the creditors.

  Als de vereffening kan worden afgesloten - na aanzuivering van de
passiva en beëindiging van alle lopende verplichtingen - roepen de
vereffenaars opnieuw een algemene vergadering bijeen waar de bestemming
van het netto-actief moet worden bepaald (tenzij dit al op de eerste
vergadering hierover werd beslist). De vereffenaar dient hierbij
minstens één maand voor de algemene vergadering een cijfermatig verslag
over de vereffening op de maatschappelijke zetel neer te leggen. Aan de
termijn van één maand kan slechts worden verzaakt met instemming van
alle leden, hetzij individueel voorafgaandelijk aan de vergadering
waarop tot sluiting zal worden beslist, hetzij gezamenlijk ter
gelegenheid van deze vergadering voorafgaandelijk aan de behandeling van
enig ander agendapunt.

If the liquidation can be concluded - after settlement of the
liabilities and termination of all current obligations - the liquidators
will again convene a general meeting to determine the destination of the
net assets (unless this has already been decided at the first meeting).
. The liquidator must submit a numerical report on the liquidation at
the registered office at least one month before the general meeting. The
period of one month can only be waived with the consent of all members,
either individually prior to the meeting at which a decision will be
taken to close, or jointly on the occasion of this meeting prior to any
other agenda item being discussed.

The liquidation can then be closed.

The aforementioned decisions must be published at the registry of the
company court until publication in the appendices of the Belgian
Official Gazette.

I already notified the accountancy office that OSGeo Europe is not able
to pay its depts for the services delivered during the period 2019 -
2022 and that they should consult us how stop the recurrent expenses.

I propose as a date for the general assemblee Thursday 2022 Jan 27, 17:00

The meeting will be online at https://meet.jit.si/Osgeo_Europe_GA_2022

I will ASAP send out an  an agenda with the points to discuss.

Dirk