[Proposal] FGF<->WKB converters as common utils

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Aug 8 15:03:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'd like to present small proposal about constituting FGF<->WKB
converters as common utilities.

Currently, I know about two procedures that can be used to convert
geometries between FGF and OGC WKB formats:

GeometryFromWkb() and WkbFromGeometry()

Both functions are coupled with MySQL driver for RDBI layer:

fdordbms/trunk/Providers/GenericRdbms/Src/MySQL/Driver/Geometry.h
fdordbms/trunk/Providers/GenericRdbms/Src/MySQL/Driver/Geometry.c

I see these functions may be used in PostGIS driver too,
because PostGIS also operates on OGC WKB format.
So, my proposal is to move Geometry.h and Geometry.c to a common
location, for example to:

fdordbms/trunk/Providers/GenericRdbms/Inc/Util/Geometry.h
fdordbms/trunk/Providers/GenericRdbms/Src/Util/Geometry.c

What do you think?

p.s. Should I report such proposals to Project Tracker as 'enhancements'
or posting it here is fine?

Best regards