[fdo-dev] FdoInt32 or int

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Mon Aug 14 10:15:05 EDT 2006

I recommend using FdoInt32.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mateusz Loskot [mailto:mateusz at loskot.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 7:07 PM
To: dev at fdo.osgeo.org
Subject: [fdo-dev] FdoInt32 or int

Hi,

I noticed that both types are mixed in some places.
For example, two function members prototypes:

- from base class

FdoInt32* FdoRdbmsCommandCapabilities::GetCommands(FdoInt32& size),

- and prototype of the same function but overriden in subclass
derived from the base above:

int* FdoRdbmsPostGisCommandCapabilities::GetCommands(int& size);

The base uses FdoInt32 and the subclass uses C++ int, so are these
types considered as interchangeable in FDO?
Size of int is depends on C++ implementation and system architecture,
but FdoInt32 says "my size is 32 bit everywhere".

So, which type is recommended to use as 32-bit integer in FDO:
FdoInt32 or int?

Thanks in advance