[fdo-dev] Assertions

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Mon Aug 14 17:45:52 EDT 2006

I am not sure what you mean by equality. All I am saying is that
generally, FDO does not throw assertions (except the CPPUNIT unit test
ASSERT macros).

This is because:

1) Assertions only are executed only in Debug and do not provide any
contextual error information to our users in a production environment
2) Assertions on Windows cause the execution of code to halt and force
the user to intervene. This cause some difficulty in automating the
execution of Debug unit tests in a CPPUNIT style framework