[fdo-dev] dbi_* functions

Brent Robinson brent.robinson at autodesk.com
Mon Aug 21 16:00:23 EDT 2006

A lot of the DBI functions in DbiConnection.cpp were kept around for the
earlier stages of when GenericRdbms was created. Since a lot of the code
was taken from the Oracle provider, the calls were kept around to allow
GenericRdbms to compile.

INVOKE_DBI_FUNC is defined to throw an exception. As we activated more
GenericRdbms code, any calls to dbi needed to be replaced by something
else. The exceptions provided a reminder if we missed anything.

Now that GenericRdbms is more mature, we might be at the point where
these dbi calls can be removed from GenericRdbms. However, it would take
a bit of investigation to see how much work would be involved.