rdbi_fetch() and its count parameter

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Aug 25 12:00:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'd like to ask about fetching records from query results, in RDBI.
>From MySQL driver perspective, there is rdbi_fetch() functions
that takes - among other - count parameter:

int rdbi_fetch(rdbi_context_def *context,
               int  sqlid,   /* index into cursor globals */
               int  count,   /* # rows to fetch */
               int *rows_processed);

This function delegates fetch operation to provider specific RDBI
driver, for example MySQL: mysql_fetch().

The 'count' parameter is passed to rdbi_fetch() and forwarded
to mysql_fetch() function, but it's never used.

Is my understanding correct that MySQL Rdbi driver supports
only 1-row per fetch operation and the 'count' is ignored here?

I'm following this concept, 1-row per fetch, in PostGIS provider.

Does anyone have comments/suggestions to this idea?