[fdo-dev] [UnitTest] More detailed log

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 28 00:13:59 EDT 2006

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to run MySQL Unit Test for the first time and it failed
> with exception thrown.
> I expected it, but I wonder how could I get detailed log message
> with file/line/function info?
> Simply, how to know what to fix here?
>

> mloskot:~/dev/fdo/_svn/Providers/GenericRdbms/Src/UnitTest$ ./UnitTestMySql
> Test ID: 2031106080
> .F.F.F.F.F.F.F.F.F.F.F..F.F.F.Test is in group 'rollback', skipping test
> .Initializing Connection ...
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'FdoException*'

Mateusz,

My approach to this has been to go into the unit test mainline and comment
out all but one at a time, to isolate the issues.  If the unittest runs
to completion it provide detailed reports on the lines at which tests failed
and then you can trace using that information to find out what is going
wrong.

I do wonder if there is an easier way.