[fdo-dev] [UnitTest] More detailed log

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Aug 28 14:29:54 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>
>> I tried to run MySQL Unit Test for the first time and it failed
>> with exception thrown. I expected it, but I wonder how could I get
>> detailed log message with file/line/function info? Simply, how to
>> know what to fix here?
>> [...]
>
> Mateusz,
>
> My approach to this has been to go into the unit test mainline and
> comment out all but one at a time, to isolate the issues.  If the
> unittest runs to completion it provide detailed reports on the lines
> at which tests failed and then you can trace using that information
> to find out what is going wrong.

I found a half-answer on my question, may be someone
will find it useful too:

"How do I print debug info (answer needed)"
http://cppunit.sourceforge.net/cppunit-wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

I was also interested in running subset of tests, for example tests from
particular tests group, like in the example from GEOS Unit Tests in
previous e-mail. It seems such feature is not supported out-of-box:

see -> "How do I run a subset of tests"