[fdo-dev] RE: [fdo-issues] [fdo][FDO137][New] Incorrect instructions of building binaries by component

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Aug 28 21:22:43 EDT 2006

Greg Boone wrote:
> Hi Mateusz,
>
> While the documentation may be out of date, the FDO README file in
> the root of fdo.osgeo.org is current and describes the new process of
>  building thirdparty components. In the new process, building
> thirdparty components has been separated from the main build_linux.sh
>  script. (See below)
>
> I will work on getting the pdf/html documentation updated.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your detailed reply.
Yes, I understand what's going on with these docs.
Also, I use OpenSourceBuild__README.txt which is up-to-date
(e.g. today it was updated with Unit Test info).

So, I feel comfortable with building FDO + Providers.
I also worked out my own best practice for daily building,
and there is no problem in this subject.

I just reported this issue as an artifact to memorize it for future
updates. You know, just to not to forget :-)
I hope you don't mind I'm reporting such trivial issues using
Project Tracker as a reminder/notebook.