[fdo-dev] Named tests

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Dec 3 08:59:40 EST 2006

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why Common tests for FDORDBMS do not use named registration
> (CPPUNIT_TEST_SUITE_NAMED_REGISTRATION) ?
>
> Only MessageTest from Common tess and provider-specific tests are
> registered with names.

I've just noticed the Common tests serves as base test suites used in
specific testes.
Does it mean that executing test with name "ConnectTests",
combination of ConnectTests + MySqlConnectTests will be executed?

That's what I read in CppUnit docs of CPPUNIT_TEST_SUB_SUITE macro:

"In addition, the test suite of the parent is automatically inserted
in the test suite being defined."

http://cppunit.sourceforge.net/doc/lastest/group___writing_test_fixture.html#ga1