[fdo-dev] Long Transactions support in MySQL provider

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jul 31 16:02:08 EDT 2006

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask for clarification.
> I'm reading "The Essential FDO" and there is a table of command
> capabilities on page 30.
> The second column is about MySQL provider and as I see there is
> 'Y' mark in almost all rows for Long Transactions commands.
> For example, the CreateLongTransaction command is
> marked as available in MySQL.
>
> I'm also going through the FDO source code and the function
> FdoRdbmsMySqlConnection::CreateLongTransactionManager()
> includes following comment:
>
> // There is no long transaction support in MySQL.
>
> and returns NULL, what I read as a not-supported.
>
> Please, could anyone explain me what is the actual state of LT support

Just for the list archive readers

Now, the situation is clear.
I used old PDF docs downloaded from:
https://fdo.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=13&expandFolder=13&folderID=0

The updated docs are available under following location:
https://fdo.osgeo.org/documentation.html

Thanks to Donald Cameron for clarification.

Best regards