[fdo-dev] GDAL version in the trunk

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 6 11:23:58 EDT 2006

Traian Stanev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The version of GDAL in the svn trunk seems to be 1.3.1. Is there any
> specific requirement that this version be used by FDO (and the GDAL
> provider)?
> The reason I'm asking is because the OGR provider uses API that was
> added to OGR starting with version 1.3.2. This means whoever want to
> compile the OGR provider needs to get their own newer GDAL. It's easy
> enough on Linux, but it makes Windows development on the provider quite
> a pain (since one has to get all the other dependencies like proj and
> geos and compile those too...).

Traian,

The fdogdal provider would work fine with 1.3.2, and I would like to see
an upgrade.  My only concern is if parts of FDO or MapGuide might be
using the OGR coordinate system support and depending on local modifications
to the code.

However, I have done a comparison of all the .cpp files in gdal/ogr (where
most of the coordinate system stuff is) and there are no apparent differences
from the stock 1.3.1.  So I think we would be safe to upgrade to 1.3.2.