[fdo-dev] [fdordbms] UnitTest segmentation fault

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Oct 7 06:34:16 EDT 2006

Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> 3. I added my own test for NULL pointer to GetEnviron() function and for
> 'password' parameter only, it prints huge number of places where this
> variable is used

For completeness, here is what changes I applied to check these problem:

char *UnitTestUtil::GetEnviron(const char *name, const char *suffix)
{
   char* pTest = const_cast<char*>(
         UnitTestUtil::InfoUtilConnection->GetEnviron(name, suffix));

   if (0 == pTest)
   {
      printf(" - UnitTestUtil::InfoUtilConnection->GetEnviron(\"%s\") ==
NULL\n", name);
   }

   return pTest;
}

By the way, I've also noticed some const-correctness inconsistency.

The lower-level function that calls getenv() is:

const char* ConnectionUtil::GetEnviron(const char *name, const char *suffix)

next, there is non-const function above:

char *UnitTestUtil::GetEnviron(const char *name, const char *suffix)

getenv() returns non-const pointer, so why UnitTestUtil::GetEnviron()
returns const char* if it's only a wrapper on the getenv()?