Create a class from another one

Ytse bill_gfr at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 24 13:12:40 EDT 2006

I would like to create a class A being a subset of
filtered data from an existing class A.

I've tried to copy the files (shp/dbf/shx) then delete
all data that don't match the filter (yes I know,
that's gore), but then I'm unable to obtain an
IDescribeSchema, I have a stack overflow exception.
Any idea why ??

I've then tried to get the class A definition, modify
its name and add it to the schema's classes, it won't
work (the class already has a parent element).

I've then decided to read the DevGuide once again, and
I found note about a Bulk Copy API, but then nothing
more about it.

If any could lead me on how to perform such a task,
that would be great.

Thx