[fdo-dev] SHP provider

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Mon Oct 30 07:24:04 EST 2006

Hi Pierre,

True, DBF has limited number of types, and for other data sources there
is also limited number and no exact match to fdo data types
For example in Oracle there is no boolean etc..
Match between db type and fdo type is no so strict, I think.
For example right now shp provider is matching dbf number to int32, why
not to int16 or int64.

I was thinking that when for example apply schema is executed some types
could be changed , I suppose single,double would go to decimal, int to
numeric, etc.

Haris