[fdo-dev] Classes and properties in SHP providers

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Oct 30 16:58:48 EST 2006

Haris Kurtagic wrote:

> 1. I suppose trough DataStorePropertyDictionary, one would set if folder
> or file should be created ?

The easiest solution I see is to determine if DefaultFileLocation,
location of data store being created, is file-like (consists of .shp
part) or directory (no .shp part at the end).

Yes, it's limited in case one would like to have directory-based data
store like this:

/home/user/data/poland.shp/
/home/user/data/poland.shp/border.shp|.shx|.dbc
/home/user/data/poland.shp/cities.shp|.shx|.dbc

etc.

But if it's acceptable to forbid directory names using .shp, then
FDO could work similarly to OGR, which supports sinle-file or
directory based data source.

>    ListDataStore good question.
>    I think the most important would be that these are implemented in one
> way or another.

Or another option is to not support ListDataStores command,
what I explained in my previous post.