FDO172 & Warning of "build breaker" changes

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 26 09:24:51 EDT 2006

Folks,

I updated my FDO from SVN for the first time in 3-4 weeks last night, and
I discovered that my fdogdal provider no longers builds.  It seems that
various new required methods were added on some of the capabilities interfaces
as part of issue FDO172.

I wonder if the FDO core team would be willing to provide some warning on this
list when changes are made to the fdo core that will require changes in all
the providers.  At some point, I think we will even need to discuss such
changes before they are made, but for now I would be pleased just to have some
warning as things come down the pike.

PS. I'm Mateusz and I (well mostly Mateusz) are working on setting up
"buildbot" automatic builds and unit testing on a public OSGeo server.
Hopefully this will provide a baseline for folks to see what unit tests
are passing and so forth.  We will provide more info once we have it working.