[fdo-internals] PostgreSQL out of Thirdparty

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Dec 7 15:30:31 EST 2007

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Option 1 requires linking with static libpq.
> Unfortunately, for Windows, there is no official static library,
> so we will need to build it following these instructions:

I just tested building PostgreSQL 8.2.5 using Visual C++ 2005
according the manual and it works without any problems.
The result binaries include static library and DLL of the pq client
interface.

Also, I've successfully installed developer files + client runtime only
on Windows using official installer of PostgreSQL 8.2.5.