[fdo-internals] providers.xml vs. FdoIConnectionInfo

Robert Fortin robert.fortin at autodesk.com
Thu Feb 22 15:42:52 EST 2007

Historically,  the provider were registered to the Fdo registery manager
by passing the information retrieved by the connection object itself.
That way there was no disconnection between the data from the connection
and the data in the providers.xml.

If the edit is done manually, there is no guarantee that the 2
informations will be consistant.  At the moment, the important part is
the mapping between the name and the library to load so CreateConnection
can work correctly.

RF