[Fdo_dev] CreateLinearRing trouble

Ytse bill_gfr at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 11 04:17:05 EST 2007

Hi everyone

I'm trying to update an existing SHP file with FDO 3.0
but I have an issue with CreateLinearRing method

Here's the piece of code (C#, adapted from
FDO_DevGuide)
// points is a pouplated double[]
ILinearRing exteriorRing;
Int32 nbOrdinates = points.Length;
exteriorRing = geometryFactory.CreateLinearRing(
  (int)FDODimensionality.Dimensionality_XY,
  nbOrdinates,
  points);

This works fine with these data :
double[] points = { 1.0, 2.0, 5.0, 2.0, 5.0, 4.0, 1.0,
4.0, 1.0, 2.0 }

but won't work with those
double[] points = { 1.12, 2.0, 5.0, 2.0, 5.0, 4.0,
1.0, 4.0, 1.0, 2.0 }

In other words, I can't make it to work if the double
values inside the tab contains decimals (though the
item I'm trying to update actually contains decimals
before my update)

I'm really stuck with this, if anyone can help, that's
quite urgent :(

thx