[fdo-internals] PSC: Interesting Conundrum

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 16 14:40:40 EST 2007

Robert Fortin wrote:
> All in favor of option 1. Providers are always targeting a specific
> version of FDO so it make sence that they are generally branched with
> FDO.  Splitting the reporitories has resulted in additional work when
> creating branch plus issues around common component used across
> providers.

Folks,

I am also in favor of merging the repositories.  Generally speaking I don't
think mechanical means are the right way to restrict people to operating on
limited parts of the code.  If we don't trust someone enough to obey
procedures on what parts of the code base they can modify, then we shouldn't
be giving them commit access.