[fdo-internals] New RFC posted

Thomas Knoell thomas.knoell at autodesk.com
Tue Jul 17 15:48:04 EDT 2007

Hi Frank

The FdoFunctionDefinition allows a provider to define a set of supported
expression functions. The list is accessible as part of the expression
capabilities that can be retrieved from a connection. The idea behind
this new property is to allow for a consumer of the list to sort them
according to their class. This may help presenting them in a user
defined UI as similar functions can be grouped. It is also part for the
re-engineering of the expression engine.

As you pointed out, the implementation of this enhancement will not
require any changes to current providers if they select not to use this
enhanced feature.

I'll update the RFC to include the information.

Thanks

  Thomas