[fdo-internals] FDO RFC 7 - Add New Methods to FdoClassDefinition

Robert Fortin robert.fortin at autodesk.com
Thu Jul 26 16:09:08 EDT 2007

The proposal is only to advertise the fact that some data comes from
view not that they are updatable or not. Frank would like to change it
for read-only property;  that is not what is currently proposed.

It's up to the application to decide what to do with this property. For
example, the application might not allow to update on view-based class
because it can conflict with the actual feature class data.  The view
might still be updatable.

Also, the application don't have to react on it if they don't want to.
The application might not care about this property. It's different than
having a non-standard query per provider where the application is
enforced to do processing based on the provider connection.  It just
advertise some information hidden otherwise.

RF