[fdo-internals] fdogdal <Bounds> support for 3.2.x

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jun 13 14:17:51 EDT 2007

Folks,

I have prepared a patch implementing <bounds> support in the config file
for the fdogdal provider.  Jason has done some testing, and verified it
substantially improves performance in cases where many files are used for
a single layer in MapGuide.

I have prepared a ticket with the patch, and I am seeking permission to
apply it to fdogdal's 3.2.x branch.

Do we intend to have an fdo 3.2.3 release?  If so, I think we should create
a corresponding milestone in Trac, and I would see this going into that.
In the meantime, it would be possible to compile a custom GRFPProvider.dll
against 3.2.x and use it with mapguide 1.2.0 (with fdo 3.2.2).

How shall we decide to handle such relatively substantial changes in our
stable branches?  A vote of the PSC?

   http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/87