[fdo-internals] fdogdal <Bounds> support for 3.2.x

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Wed Jun 13 21:54:19 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007, Greg Boone wrote:
> I think we need to start a dialog with our primary client for the
> branch, MapGuide OpenSource and see how they wish to proceed.

> 1) Have a 3.2.3 release from 3.2.x
> 2) Branch 3.2.x and release from the new branch
> 3) Issue a special service pack instead of a full release.
> 4) ....
>
> Greg

Hi

Today we need put providers inside fdo main tree to compille, so i'm doing
same offer as i did for mapguide project, to propose change buildsystem to
cmake and extending, in case of fdo, to make possible compile providers
standalone, as independent packages ( making main tarball reduced ).

And regard this, i have a question, providers.xml is a one single xml file, so
as a point of view of a install set, this is quite ugly because each new
provider need be added in this file, meaning inline editing.
I know that the amount of available providers is not too much, but isn't
possible a solution like this:

FDODIR

 Providers/
        |  sdf.xml
        | shp.xml
        | odbc.xml
etc..

This can be done using standard xml 1,.0 spec, or even standard load and parse
individual entries.
And the result is separate install os any providers bring their own provider
definition without touching main file.

Best regards....

--
Helio Chissini de Castro