[fdo-internals] FDO 3.2.x or 3.2.0

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Mar 14 13:12:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

Could anyone give me some details about core differences between
FDO 3.2.0 release [1] and FDO 3.2.x branch [2] regarding using these
versions for development of provider that will be used with:
- AutoCAD Map 3D 2008
- MapGuide OS 1.1.0 (also with Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2007) ?

I did some small tests of my fdopostgis using these versions of FDO
and it seems the Map 3D does support both of them.

With MapGuide and the Studio, I had no luck and I'm still getting errors
with loading my provider. An exception is thrown about it,
and CreateConnection of my provider is not hooked,
because I'd get a log file otherwise.

So, I wonder if I should keep going with FDO 3.2.x or may be get
back to FDO 3.2.0.
Any suggestions and explanations are appreciated

BTW, I use FDO 3.2.x without latest Romica's changes introduced here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/changeset/679

[1] FDO 3.2.0
http://198.202.74.219/download/fdo/3.2.0/fdo-3.2.0.tar.gz

[2] FDO 3.2.x