[fdo-internals] FDO Incubation Progress Reports

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Mar 14 20:03:01 EDT 2007

If the group can't come up with any other suggestions, I'd be happy to
volunteer.

I'm starting to use FDO pretty heavily through MapGuide, Haris' awesome
work, and eventually possibly on its own.  I think it's important that
the committee put in place some additional members, and that existing
members are active on the mailing lists.  FDO has been essentially
dormant from a community perspective for too long, and I feel that this
is hurting the project, and possibly even turning off the developers who
_have_ chosen to participate heavily in this area.  If FDO is run as a
software product with too much command&control, then I have doubts about
whether it will be able to achieve its full potential.

I'd also like to see some community outreach by FDO folks.  In
particular, some of the response to the initial Python support has been
unfavourable, and the FDO project could definitely benefit by
interacting with these community experts.

http://www.jasonbirch.com/nodes/2007/03/14/67/pyfdo-is-in-the-house-yeah
-baby/#comments

http://zcologia.com/news/400/fdo-and-python/#comments