[fdo-internals] Problems createing a Managed FDO Provider using C#

Badreddine Karoui badreddine.karoui at autodesk.com
Mon Nov 19 11:54:34 EST 2007

Hi,

 There is no support for managed providers in Fdo. Many Fdo consumers, like MapGuide Open source, are already using the unmanaged Fdo API and you will require an unmanaged bridge if you want your provider to be used by those clients.
This bridge can be an other Fdo common component which can provide support for managed providers. May be your mixed solution can be refactored into a common unmanaged/managed Fdo bridge and a managed provider.

Badreddine