[fdo-internals] New RFC10 Is Posted

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Tue Sep 11 10:24:26 EDT 2007

> This is clearly an aspect of FDO I don't understand.  I do not
understand
> what override apis are or how it is possible to call custom c++
methods
> from a particular provider when we don't even install include files
for
> them (to the best of my knowledge).  I guess this "provider specific
> APIs" stuff is seems foreign to me because I have always tried hard
> to avoid it in GDAL/OGR.

Hi Frank,

The WMS override headers are there together with the FDO header, so in
theory they are there. However, I do agree with you that having API
specific to providers goes against the abstraction that is FDO. It makes
the client code have to special case providers, which automatically
reduces the value of the FDO API abstraction.

Traian