[fdo-internals] Vote: FDO RFC 16 - FDO Provider for SQLite

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 1 12:52:18 EDT 2008

Traian Stanev wrote:
>> Up until now, the SDF file format is the defacto FDO file format. I
>> have 2 questions: 1) does Fdo need an another file format? And 2) if
>> Fdo needs an other file format, then what this format brings new that
>> the upgraded SDF will not?

Badreddine,

Well, the aspect that I'm keen on with this SQLite format is that it is
trivially interchangable because it is a stock SQLite database using
stock types that any sqlite supporting application can easily utilize
or produce.

Short of seriously hamstringing SDF I doubt this could ever apply to it.