[fdo-internals] Counting rows in managed IFeatureReader

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Wed Apr 16 06:11:01 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Since IFeatureReader doesn't provide Count property for total number of
records in it, what's the most "proper" way to get it out from managed
IFeatureReader? I'm asking this because of necessity to explicitly close a
reder after it's returned from, say, ISelect command. How do I get a safe
copy of instantiated managed IFeatureReader object to count it's properties,
without affecting the original one?

It would be a no brainer if IFeatureReader was fully implemented in .NET,
but managed bindings always make me wonder if unmanaged resources get
disposed in a proper way.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic