[fdo-internals] RE: GDAL/OGR 1.6.0 Released
greg.boone at autodesk.com
Wed Dec 10 17:17:43 EST 2008
I am in favor if someone has time to update the FDO SVN.
From: fdo-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:fdo-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Jason Birch
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:57 PM
To: FDO Internals Mail List
Subject: [fdo-internals] FW: GDAL/OGR 1.6.0 Released
That's quite some feature list Frank :)
Given that FDO 3.4.x hasn't gone to beta or RC yet, I'd love to see the
GDAL Raster provider and maybe the OGR provider move to using GDAL 1.6
for this release. The Oracle GeoRaster support from 1.6, along with SDE
raster and BigTIFF support from 1.5, and the ability to read JP2K using
the latest MrSID driver (I think) are reason enough, but the list of bug
fixes is pretty decent too. There have been over 500 fixed tickets
since the version we're using (1.4.3): http://tinyurl.com/67te3k
From: Frank Warmerdam
Subject: [OSGeo-Announce] GDAL/OGR 1.6.0 Released
The GDAL/OGR project team is pleased to announce the release of
GDAL/OGR 1.6.0. This release represents 11 months of new feature
development since the GDAL/OGR 1.5.0 release, as well as many bug
fixes. The release source code is available as described at:
The new release includes the following feature highlights, with detailed
information on changes at:
New Raster Drivers:
* BLX Magellan Topo Driver (New)
* EIR Erdas Imagine Raw Driver (New)
* Oracle GeoRaster Driver (New)
* GRIB Driver (now part of standard distribution)
* LCP (FARSITE) Driver (New)
* Terralib driver (New)
New Vector Drivers:
* Geoconcept Export Driver (New)
* INGRES RDBMS Driver (New)
* XPlane/Flightgear Driver (New)
* RFC 20: Preliminary support for alternate axis orientations in SRS.
* On the fly access to data in .zip and .gz compressed files.
* RFC 22: Support for reading from, and warping with RPC (Rational
Coefficients) from various formats.
* Gaussian and Mode resampling added for overview generation.
* Added raster to vector (polygon) conversion utility.
* Added raster proximity utility.
* Added raster sieve filtering utility.
* Added -expand rgb/rgba ability to gdal_translate
* Added cutline / blend support to gdalwarp.
* Added -segmentize option to ogr2ogr to break long line segments.
* RFC 23: Preliminary support for character set transcoding (in OGR
* RFC 21: OGR SQL supports type casting and field name aliasing
I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam,
warmerdam at pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam
and watch the world go round - Rush | Geospatial Programmer for Rent
fdo-internals mailing list
fdo-internals at lists.osgeo.org
More information about the fdo-internals