[fdo-internals] RFC 23 for Review

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Jul 10 02:42:29 EDT 2008

I disagree with your views that file-based providers do not have this
problem.
Some of our customers have a folder with many tables.
This folder is accessed through the OGR provider.

The customers usually require that the folder is placed on network storage.
Enumerating and evaluating all files can cause significant delays.

I suggest that the RFC is updated to include all FDO providers.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S