[fdo-internals] RFC 23 for Review

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Thu Jul 10 08:15:31 EDT 2008

Hi Ronnie,

-          I think it is very important to implement in same way for
non-rdbms or rdbms provider whenever it is possible ( regardless of if
there is speed improvement or not)

I think in this case this new interface can be implemented for non-RDBMS
providers too.

-          How would application knew which FDO Schema name to set
before calling FdoIEnumerateFeatureClasses interface ?

-          I am not sure how much applications would really benefit from
this. There were big speed problems with DescribeSchema but I don't
think it is problem with Describe Schema itself. I think MapGuide as
application was problem, calling DescribeSchema in too many functions.
Than providers created cache of it instead of application using it in
more optimized way. Now application  can't get new schema even if
application would request for it. You need to restart server.

Haris