[fdo-internals] RFC 20 for review

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Jul 17 12:23:34 EDT 2008

As a non-developer I guess I don't have a feeling for the amount of pain
involved in the current state (and don't entirely understand the need to
decouple FDO's API from the providers), so can't really make a call on
whether this change is worth it.  Was there a specific case that caused
this RFC to be created, or is this just a general desire?

As I mentioned before, I have some serious reservations about anything
that makes it easier for specific providers to diverge from generic
functionality, but if others feel that the cost/benefit is there, then
I'll accept that decision.

Jason