[fdo-internals] Updated FDO RFC 23 For Review

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Thu Jul 17 13:10:08 EDT 2008

OK I see. In that case, I'd prefer the breaking change in DescribeSchema (where you can ask for specific classes). It's true that we have to update all providers, but IMO keeps the API more compact.

A crazy alternative would be to add a function to the DescribeSchema command which lets someone specify feature class names they are interested in. This can then be treated as a hint by the providers which need that and other providers can ignore it and return the full schema - either way the class that the caller cares about will be in the returned schema. This way there would be no work required of provides that don't need it, and there are no new commands or capabilities to add.

Traian