[fdo-internals] SDF 3.0 Memory Leak

Carl Jokl carl.jokl at keynetix.com
Fri Jul 18 16:19:36 EDT 2008

Just to update you.

I completed the modifications I suggested that I would make. The new code
now strips out the data from the class definition which it needs to retrieve
the properties and then disposes of the properies, property collection and
finally the class definition itself. This was the last thing which I could
see which was not being explicity disposed of after use. The end result is
that the memory usage remains just the same.

>From not explicity disposing of anything to now explicitly exposing of
everything the memory usage has remained the same.

There is one possibility if the error is on my part which is that I do not
understand the correct way in which you intended the disposable interface to
be called.

I am only using the dispose method buth there are others including detach
for which I am not sure of what they are intended to do. Looking at the FDO
API documentation that I can find there isn't much in the way of explanation
about how to use the members of disposable unless I am looking in the wrong
place.

I will package up the latest version of the benchmark project with the
changes in though as the changes do not seem to have impacted memory
concumption I am not sure how helpfull it will be.

Carl