[fdo-internals] Question about handling of coordinate systems by SRID

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Thu Jun 12 16:52:47 EDT 2008

Regarding option 1: EPSG Code as CS Name Convention

It is interesting for the community to note that the proposed EPSG convention Orest has outlined is the currently implemented mechanism the WMS and WFS providers have adopted for handling Coordinate Systems. Both providers return either EPSG:XXXX or CRS:XXXX as the FDO Coordinate System name.

I would be in favor of establishing an FDO convention that formalized this mechanism going forward.