[fdo-internals] writing fdo provider

Dave Brett dbrett at digitalglobe.com
Mon Jun 16 20:22:53 EDT 2008

I am currently writing a provider to work with MGE.  Things look good while
running the unit tests. However when using the provider within MGE Studio
and I click "Test Connection" I get "An exception occurred in FDO component.
The connection is already open. " error.  In my provider code I have
explicitly set the connection state to FdoConnectionState_Closed anywhere
the connection state is returned however the error never changes within MGE
Studio.

I am have been looking to the WMS and GDAL providers as examples of how to
implement things correctly, but haven't found what I am missing.

Does anyone know which method(s) MGE calls to get the status to display in
Studio?

Thanks
Dave