[fdo-internals] IInsert.BatchParameterValues problems

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Wed Mar 5 10:27:23 EST 2008

Hi Greg,

I'm currently maintaining a code that does consecutive
IInsert.PropertyValues.Add(...) followed by IInsert.Execute to fill the
database row-by-row. I don't have working example of BatchParameterValues.

So, once managed IInsert object gets instantiated, it's properties (of
interest) reflect the following:

- PropertyValues As PropertyValueCollection (ReadOnly) - an empty collection
- ParameterValues As ParameterValueCollection (ReadOnly) - Nothing/Null (!)
- BatchParameterValues As BatchParameterValueCollection (ReadOnly) -
Nothing/Null (!)

If I understood Orest correctly, if provider supported parameters in first
place - both ParameterValues and BatchParameterValues properties should
reflect empty collections after IInsert was instantiated (?)... But these
collections should be available (already instantiated) neverthless, since
IInsert.Execute would throw an error if parameters capability wasn't
supported by provider. Or I simply misunderstood Orest and this is a bug in
managed wrapper :-)

Regards,
Maksim Sestic