[fdo-internals] FDO RFC 16 - FDO Provider for SQLite

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Mar 18 13:32:49 EDT 2008

Traian Stanev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just posted FDO RFC #16. Fresh off the virtual presses (printed on
> 100% recycled electrons, for you green-minded folks):
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc16

Traian,

The RFC looks good to me.
I'd have two questions:

1. Why FDO transactions are not supported? The SQLite engine implements
SQL transactions. I've may missed something, but it should be possible
to implement the FDO transactions model based on it.

2. Have you considered extending the SQLite engine with spatial
capatibilities like: built-in spatial index, SQL functions for spatial
operations?

Greetings