[fdo-internals] FDO RFC 16 - FDO Provider for SQLite

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Mar 25 01:40:46 EDT 2008

I've made some changes to the document resulting from a discussion on #fdo (Frank and Traian, with me being generally annoying).  Basically, it adopts the SFSQL 1.2 geometry_type column wholesale, and renames f_geometry_format (or g_geometry_format, depending on where you look in the old version) to geometry_format.  It also is explicit about WKT/WKB version support... sort of.  I couldn't decide whether the currently supported version is 1.0 or 1.1, so decided that the keywords WKT and WKB refer to the "old version" (whatever that is) and WKT12 and WKB12 refer to the new (and currently not implemented) version.  Feel free to change this.

https://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc16

Jason

From: Traian Stanev
Subject: RE: [fdo-internals] FDO RFC 16 - FDO Provider for SQLite

I prefer Frank's schema here. My reasoning is: