[fdo-internals] Request review of RFC 28 - AddStart/EndExpressionFunctions

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Nov 3 21:21:08 EST 2008

Unless there is a reason for the other cases, then that makes sense to me.

Personally, I'd prefer to see that as CenterX with point geometry being a degenerate case, but I understand that there may not be resources to return the centroids of the other geometry types at this point.  The nice thing about this is that it would set a convention for future useful functions like MinX, MaxX, etc...

I guess the problem with this would be that throwing an exception would be less reasonable than it would be for a point-specific function.

Jason