[fdo-internals] FDO Function SpatialExtents

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Mon Nov 17 17:35:47 EST 2008

Hi,

I have implemented support for SelectAggregates in King.Oracle.

I am testing SpatialExtent function and I need help in understanding how
clients, MAP 3D , is using it. I am not sure if I understand how is it
supposed to be used.

I have implemented function using Oracle SDO_AGGR_MBR. That is rather
slow process .

What I noticed is that MAP 3D 2009 is calling FDO command
SelectAggregates with SpatialExtents function.

That makes rendering of layers very slow in MAP 3D.

I know I am asking about non-open source client like MAP 3D but from
what I see makes me wonder if I understand SpatialExtents function
correctly.

Thank you,

Haris