[fdo-internals] FDO Open Source 3.3.2 RC2

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 28 11:58:51 EST 2008

Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> On Quinta 27 Novembro 2008, Greg Boone wrote:
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> Can you make the required changes and submit the fixes? I don't have a 64
>> bit Linux environment available for testing at the moment.
>>

> I have plenty at lab.
> Need a testcase only.
>
> The second bug is obvious in case of linux x86_64

Helio / Greg,

I have included a fix in the ticket (#423), and I am willing to apply it in
trunk if no one sees a problem with it.  I'd prefer to be able to test it
in a running system if I could.

> The first one is easy to solve with cmake than auto*tools ( i solved long time
> ago in cmake build )

I'm afraid I don't understand your point.  The problem is related to the
boost build system which does not use autotools as far as I recall (it uses
jam).  The build is launched from Thirdparty.sh but this is not particular
to automake, etc.  Can you suggest a chance in Thirdparty.sh that will make
this work?  If so, please note it in the ticket, and I'll test it out and
commit.

It almost sounds like you are suggesting replacing the boost build system
with cmake.  Surely we aren't contemplating replacing the internal build
system for all the third party packages!