[fdo-internals] RE: [fdo-users] Shape file Extents

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Oct 14 12:28:21 EDT 2008

Hey, that's cool...

I wonder if we should have a "Code Snippets" page on the wiki for things
like this.

Anyone have any objections?  If not, I'll set one up.

From: Shaik Esu
Subject: RE: [fdo-users] Shape file Extents

Hi All,

Here is the c#.net code to get the extents of the featureclass.

This code might help the new programmers to FDO like me.

       public IPolygon GetExtents()
        {
            IPolygon retpolygon;
            ISelectAggregates pselagree =
(ISelectAggregates)FDOConnection.CreateCommand(CommandType.CommandType_S
elec
tAggregates);

pselagree.SetFeatureClassName(System.IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension
(Ope
nedFile));
            IFeatureReader FDOReader = pselagree.Execute();
            FgfGeometryFactory GeoFac = new FgfGeometryFactory();

            Byte[] Tmppts = FDOReader.GetGeometry("Geometry");

            IGeometry Geo = GeoFac.CreateGeometryFromFgf(Tmppts);

            retpolygon = (IPolygon)Geo;

            return retpolygon;

        }